Sunday, November 2, 2008

Week 2
This week there were a few changes that I noticed when viewing my ecosystem. First, most of my plant life remained the same. The duck weed that is in my ecosystem appears to be relatively the same. There does, however, appear more algea in the system. The new algea is not nearly as dense as in the original parts of the system, but upon viewing the the container under a microscope, the algea is slowly spreading out. The major change that I have noticed in my ecosystem in the amount of animal life in my ecosystem. In week one I only viewed a few protists but, this week, I not only viewed more, I also saw much more diversity. This diversity includes seeing amoebas, euglena, and parameian aurelia. I viewed almost all of these organisms in and around the plant growth, although there were some life around the top of the water. I also viewed what appeared to be a nematode at the bottom of my ecosystem in the dirt.

No comments: